http://myparks.westminster.gov.uk
< More from Westminster

Bessborough Gardens

Welcome to Bessborough Gardens

A London Square contained on two sides by 1980’s pastiche white stucco façade houses. There is a fountain at one end and a central grass area.

A London Square contained on two sides by 1980’s pastiche white stucco façade houses. There is a fountain at one end and a central grass area. A series of well planted borders and a cluster of mature trees create a strong boundary between the space and Vauxhall Bridge Road.

Bessborough Gardens was originally the site of Holy Trinity Church designed by J. Pearson in 1849-52. The church was demolished in 1954 due to bomb damage. Bessborough Gardens is named after Lord Bessborough (John William Ponsonby, The 4th Earl of Bessborough, 1781 –1847), a British politician who was Home Secretary in 1834.

A website specific to the site is currently under construction: www.bessboroughgardens.com/index.html

Disabled access


If you would like to hold an event or film in this park please visit the Special Events website at www.westminster.gov.uk/specialevents or call 020 7641 2390.